A Thousand Thank You's


It still hasn’t hit me that I just finished my last Ag Media Summit as a student. The next time I come back here it will be as a full fledged real adult.

Last week was an absolute whirlwind and as I packed a large plaque into my suitcase I can’t help but stare at the name engraved in it. I can’t believe it’s true. I've watched as several other talented students before me have vied for and won this award. This week/weekend has been exciting, nerve wracking and so much fun. I’ve fulfilled long-term goals and reconnected with amazing friends and future colleagues.

But now it’s silent. The excitement has died down and Scottsdale will soon only be a memory.

However, I want to remember what I felt in these past few days, in the incredible moments of learning, joy and success. But most of all I want to remember how humbled I am in this moment at the greatness of God for allowing me to find such a wonderful industry with such great people. I am beyond grateful for the opportunity to be a part of it and so incredibly honored to be recognized by the leaders of it.

My first word as a child was please, my younger sister’s was thank you. Obviously my mother placed a high value on manners and instilled in us these two important phrases early. However, the past week I have said thank you a thousand times but to be honest the phrase just falls short of what I wish to express. No matter what emphasis I place on it or how it is phrased the words don’t compare to the gratitude I have for the people who have helped me reach this point, the people who have gone before me and who’s work I admire and to the Lord for weaving me into such a wonderful industry in which to do his work.

So for now all I can say is….

Thank you.


Nicole

Labels: , , ,