Well it's day four here in Ireland and we are now in Galway. Today we are off to see another beef operation and a sheep farm then the Cliffs of Moher (I think).
I don't have a ton of time so here are some highlights:
- I kissed the Blarney stone in the Blarney castle and now apparently have the "Gift of Gab"
- They don't castrate their cattle. I repeat they don't castrate their cattle. Seriously, they sell "bull beef" and my mind is blown.
- All farming is government subsidized, like I mean everything.
- Sustainability is a huge hot button topic here.
- Yes Ireland is as pretty and as green as in all the pictures you've seen.
Speaking of pictures, here are some for your enjoyment!
See ya later!
Labels: Ireland, kansas state university, study abroad